I made my way around the mill with a bottle of degreaser and some WD-40 and the mill really cleaned up nice. Everything is in really good shape and I think this is going to be a real nice addition to the BYI garage! What you see below is the machine before a good cleaning.
The Shiz looks much better now and I think I've identified all of the controls, buttons and gadgets and I know what each does. This is my first time playing with a large mill, so there is a bit of a learning curve.
Even cleaner now! I had a few hours the other evening to tinker so I decided to hook up a brand new Arcsin to the mill and see if I could move the ways around. I was surprised that everything moved quite well and I was able to cycle all the ways. Everything really needed oil but once I got the lube going, the machine came to life! I was even more surprised that my little Arcsin could drive such large stepper motors. There will be more to come on the retrofit page so stay tuned!